Deviant Paradigm: Of The Wolf Within
Random garbage. Remarks about the comic Deviant Paradigm, notes about my life, comments about politics. This is my place to rant and rave. Fear this, World! FEAR IT!

Profile


Nickname: Avvy
Age: 24
See My Complete Profile

Technomancer and troubleshooter by trade. Programmer by choice. Creator of Deviant Paradigm, somewhat by accident.

The Last Ten

------------
"Maybe your taste runs more toward...wolf?"
------------
Status Update
------------
Happy US Independence Day
------------
The Coming Battles
------------
Worrisome Signs
------------
Big Time Drunken Debauchery
------------
"I hate voice actresses for no reason."
------------
Growling at Firefox
------------
The Internet -- But It Tastes So Good!
------------
Die Intarwebbzen ist mein!
------------

Archives

October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
July 2009

Favorites

Demagogery
The Big Gay Post
Natures

Random
Halloween Party: Images 2005

Deviant Paradigm
Deviant Paradigm: Beware of Catgirl

Semper Nox Noctis
Semper Nox Noctis: Memoirs of the OverAlpha 1

Links

Deviant Paradigm
--My Webcomic--

Blogroll

Enea Volare Mezzo
-- Sapph's Blog --

Events Concerning...
-- Jonathan and Luke's Blog --

Fear No Darkness...
-- Jamie's Blog --

Little Green Footballs
-- My source for political news !!Conservative Site Alert!! --

Random Webcomic

Monday, July 17, 2006

Even out of the mouths of politicans
It's unfreaking believable. Pardon any language in this post, as it will certainly contain some cursing...as a direct quote...of the President of the United States of America.

Something is happening to politicians in the world. They're starting to actually say things that they mean. First off, Bush showed himself to be what we have always known him to be. A Texan. Mincing words has never been the strong suit for Texans. In the President's own words, "[W]hat they need to do is get Syria to get Hezbollah to stop doing this shit and it's over." There's a video on LGF. Now, I'm not sure I approve of the media's hidden microphones here, but I find it comforting to hear from the President the same sort of words that you'd hear from an ordinary guy. I've always said that that's what I think scares Liberals the most about President Bush -- he comes off like an ordinary guy (albeit from Texas) who accidentally became President.

Then we have the Israeli Ambassador to the UN, Dan Gillerman, on O'Reilly (yeah, Bill isn't the most interesting guy, is he?). Check Hot Air for the video. He actually says the UN managed to accomplish nothing with Hezbollah (which everyone knows and only wingnuts like me are willing to say), and ends the interview with, "It is incorrect to say all Muslims are terrorists, but it also happens to unfortunately be very true that nearly all terrorists are Muslim." Those words are commonly heard among the far Right of the Blogosphere, but not on television. They're like fighting words. Of course, Israel is fighting right now, and they're fighting almost all Muslims (last I heard, the Christian parts of Lebanon where cheering for Israel to come in guns blazing and cleanse their country of Hezbollah's filth). I'm sure that tends to color one's opinion of folks. I've never met any Muslims I'd call remotely hostile, but I can say the same thing for any religion, really. Even those creepy New Agers.

Oh, and that reminds me (here's the way it works, I think New Age philosophy, What the bleep do we know? comes to mind, puts me on thinking about screwy videos that you'd need to be somewhat deficient to believe, which leads me to this point), I saw Loose Change recently. Okay, I saw Screw Loose Change, but it's similar. The video is actually the complete Loose Change video, with a commentator subtitling over it and inserting comments, pointing out errors, logical fallacies, begging for up to date information, and the like. Loose Change is really kind of interesting in a way, though you'd either have to be insane or mentally deficient to call it "convincing." It suffers from a number of things, most notably what I call, "Wikipedia Syndrome." That is, an odd abhorance of experts, favoring the amateur. This results in a production of a vast amount of trivia, but very little that you can really call trustworthy. I'm sorry, I would rather trust those who have a clue what they're talking about, but maybe I'm just strange that way. I just figure that the best way to prove to people that a building was taken down by controlled demolition would be by, say, interviewing someone who did demolitions. But I digress.

The point is, maybe the world is about to end. I've rarely heard any politician in power be as blatant about what they think as we've heard recently. There could be hope for politics yet. Hey Dems, think we could get Lieberman, or at least someone with a clue and a chance, to run in '08; at least to make it sporting? (That means "do not send Howard Dean"). Much as I'd like to see Hillary vs. Condi, I don't think it'll happen.

--- Update Tuesday, July 18, 3:10 AM ---
Hot Air is calling it Gillermania. Honestly, this guy is amazing. He just gets out there and says what he needs to say. He doesn't hold back, and he's firm and sensible. He doesn't offer excuses. Maybe Gillerman would like to become a governer of some random state. We've had Ventura and Schwartzenegger. Just think of what Massachusetts could be with somebody like Gillerman at the helm. They might even manage to get rid of the Kennedys. (No that's not nice, but it's late and I'm feeling snarky).

2 Comments:

  • At 1:56 PM, August 13, 2006, Blogger Unknown said…

    I have been kind of concerned with the way politicians have been acting recently myself. You're right about Bush though. The fact that he act like your average Joe does scare me. Why? Because it's been my experience that your average Joe is usuall a complete and utter moron. Also, personally I have a large, possibly irrational, distrust of most Texans. So, the fact that we have a president who acts like not only like your average Joe, but your average Joe from Texas makes me extremely antsy.

    Why people are allowed to get away with making blanket comments about religions like that is a mystery to me. Blanket statements like that in general baffle me. "All gays are out to destroy America." "All pagans worship Satan" "All Christians are Biggots" "Blacks are dummer then whites." They're all pathetically stupid statements. The fact that they seem to be, on some levels, tolerated by the masses makes me worried about the direction that this country is headed in.

     
  • At 2:04 AM, August 14, 2006, Blogger Avvy said…

    You mean all gays aren't out to destroy America? There goes my entire worldview, right out the window. *grin*

    Sorry, couldn't resist. Now back to plotting the downfall of mankind.

    And the problem with stereotypes is that they are indeed stupid, but they persevere despite this because the biggest, scariest, and loudest of the stereotyped group simply prove the case, or the group doesn't put forth effort (apart from a few exceptional individuals) to really break the stereotype in the hearts and minds of the public at large. Imagine how better press Christians would get if we didn't end up with an unending string of Pat Robertsons and Jerry Falwells as our media representations. Imagine the women's rights groups back before NOW (you know, when they were relavent and represented the average woman). Or the civil rights movement back in the '60's when their leadership wasn't a huge set of greivance mongers. But since we don't have reference to this, all we have is our stereotypes.

    Though I'm not sure I can argue much with your fear of Texans...I mean, I like Texas but come one -- That's not a panhandle; it's a hat.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Layout From * shadowmist Mangled And Modified By * Avvy
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com