Deviant Paradigm: Of The Wolf Within
Random garbage. Remarks about the comic Deviant Paradigm, notes about my life, comments about politics. This is my place to rant and rave. Fear this, World! FEAR IT!

Profile


Nickname: Avvy
Age: 24
See My Complete Profile

Technomancer and troubleshooter by trade. Programmer by choice. Creator of Deviant Paradigm, somewhat by accident.

The Last Ten

------------
Rhythm Game Weekend
------------
Another One of Those Weeks
------------
Instant Kills are Stupid
------------
What Kind of Cereal Does Those Boxtops Come From?
------------
Drops in Buckets
------------
And the Sacrifice Begins
------------
Back from Tennesee
------------
Business Trip
------------
Heroic Deaths (A Short Analysis)
------------
Happy Thanksgiving, Everybody
------------

Archives

October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
July 2009

Favorites

Demagogery
The Big Gay Post
Natures

Random
Halloween Party: Images 2005

Deviant Paradigm
Deviant Paradigm: Beware of Catgirl

Semper Nox Noctis
Semper Nox Noctis: Memoirs of the OverAlpha 1

Links

Deviant Paradigm
--My Webcomic--

Blogroll

Enea Volare Mezzo
-- Sapph's Blog --

Events Concerning...
-- Jonathan and Luke's Blog --

Fear No Darkness...
-- Jamie's Blog --

Little Green Footballs
-- My source for political news !!Conservative Site Alert!! --

Random Webcomic

Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Catching Up (Yet Again)
Sorry that I haven't been posting. I've been busy, and kind of lazy about this sort of thing.

I'm brewing beer now. The folks got me a Mr. Beer and I finally got it out and started using it. My first batch, a pale ale of mostly stock, is carbonating now, and I think I'm going to move at least some of the bottles into the fridge tonight, so that I'll have some beer ready when the folks come down for the holiday. It should be pretty much ready. I've got my first batch of oatmeal ale in the fermenter right now. I consider it something of my life's work, so it'll be interesting to see how it turns out. I don't have high hopes for these first batches, but they should teach me a lot. I'm actually very excited.

Another "exciting" part of my life is that, after a good part of a year in production, I finally released the first part to my epic TwoKinds slashfic. Yeah, I know, it's disturbing that I'm writing slash, and it's caused a lot of people on the forums to give me weird comments about my sexual orientation, but I had to do it anyway. What can I say? I'm an attention whore and this is the sort of thing the forumgoers crave. It's very, very long, and what you might call shockingly detailed. It wasn't easy to write, per se, but it certainly was less difficult than a person would imagine. They want me to write it in smaller chunks from now on, so that it releases more often. I'm trying, but I haven't really felt inspired to write in a while. If you're really desperate to read it, you can find it in PDF and HTML (though it looks like Firefox 3 doesn't like it very much; I'll have to fix it when I have a chance). Again, it's a slashfic, and a fairly explicit one, so reader discretion is advised: it's for mature audiences only. Let me tell you, it's quite the experience writing your own ticket to Hell. By the time this is done, I'll probably be on the express train. *wry grin* I'd link you to the forum thread for the thing in case you wanted to comment, but TwoKinds (and the forums) have been down all day.

We've finally gotten our new fiber optic connection at work, and I've been here every day since last week, even over the weekend, switching us over and trying to get everything work. It's close, but I need to find a way to add a proper DMZ to the setup, and that's one of my big goals. It's driving me insane. But oh, man, the fast Internet...It's so good...

I get to go home tonight to keep at trying to resuscitate Xotz. It bricked last night; causing me to discover that setting the flag for safe mode in the boot.ini file would send Xotz into an endless string of rebooting (the aforementioned "bricked" state). I tried a reinstall and still it remained doing this. I did finally learn how to edit the boot.ini file from the Recovery Console, but now I'm at another "bricked" state -- my reinstall is hanging during the device driver install. So when I get home from work, I get to spend more time in Recovery Console, removing all my drivers so that Windows might reinstall decent-ish ones. Then it's going to take all night to update to SP3 again... *sigh* And that's assuming everything works. Worse-case, I bring my server, Exarch, back home and grab as many of my files off of Xotz as will fit on Exarch's hard drives and do what I should have done with Xotz a long time ago -- a full reformat. But here's hoping I don't have to; because that would seriously, seriously suck.

Labels: , , ,


2 Comments:

  • At 9:49 PM, July 04, 2008, Blogger Spiffman said…

    Now, I would hate you to think I'm following you, which would be wrong and creepy, but i have to say I am rather pleased to find that you have a Blog Av. I hope you know who this is.

    I've been reading some of your previous posts, and I can't help but notice that you are a truely unique individual. There are not many people who can make such adept arguments like yours, even in some of the more difficult topics life has to offer.

    I don't really know what more to say (besides good luck with the beer) But I think I may be keeping an eye on this place.

    If, of course, that's OK with you.

     
  • At 2:28 PM, July 06, 2008, Blogger Avvy said…

    No, of course you're welcome to stop around and keep an eye on things for my very seldom posts.

    Thanks for the kind words. Hopefully I'll remember to post more often and continue to be able to address the difficult topics of life. *grin* See why I so seldom find need of ranting on the TwoKinds board?

    The folks didn't end up coming down this weekend; they'll be visiting next. So I still haven't tried the beer yet, but I am ever so excited.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Layout From * shadowmist Mangled And Modified By * Avvy
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com