Deviant Paradigm: Of The Wolf Within
Random garbage. Remarks about the comic Deviant Paradigm, notes about my life, comments about politics. This is my place to rant and rave. Fear this, World! FEAR IT!

Profile


Nickname: Avvy
Age: 24
See My Complete Profile

Technomancer and troubleshooter by trade. Programmer by choice. Creator of Deviant Paradigm, somewhat by accident.

The Last Ten

------------
Fickle Coincidence
------------
Better than Good Fashion
------------
You with the studying; me with the watching you st...
------------
Happy Thanksgiving Everybody
------------
"And after all, what is a lie? 'T is butThe truth ...
------------
Spycraft Night: Fast Run
------------
Hair Update
------------
It's As If They Decided They Don't Want Money
------------
!#** and Other Associated Curses
------------
Still Breathing
------------

Archives

October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
July 2009

Favorites

Demagogery
The Big Gay Post
Natures

Random
Halloween Party: Images 2005

Deviant Paradigm
Deviant Paradigm: Beware of Catgirl

Semper Nox Noctis
Semper Nox Noctis: Memoirs of the OverAlpha 1

Links

Deviant Paradigm
--My Webcomic--

Blogroll

Enea Volare Mezzo
-- Sapph's Blog --

Events Concerning...
-- Jonathan and Luke's Blog --

Fear No Darkness...
-- Jamie's Blog --

Little Green Footballs
-- My source for political news !!Conservative Site Alert!! --

Random Webcomic

Friday, December 02, 2005

Gaming Night Tonight -- Phoenix Blood
Taking a break from Spycraft tonight. I want to level my players, but with school ending, I don't have the energy to invest in it. Instead, we're going to feed my fantasy craving. But since I hate D&D, we're doing something different. *grin* We'll be playing Phoenix Blood. There's a reason you haven't heard of it. It's because I've made it up. This is the second time I've put much energy into working out its rules. There's still a lot of changes that will have to be made and tweaks to be done, but I've figured out most of the basics. So the game report this week will be very different, being a playtesting report. Once I've got a rulebook that is reasonably complete, I'll post it up for everyone to enjoy and try out. I'd like to even have illustrations in it, like all the best of the books, but I can't afford to pay the artists I know for art to put into it, unless they drastically reduce their prices. But that'll be a bridge I can burn when I come to it. It might be good to have all the basic rules, like 'how does combat work' and 'what affects do the various races have on the game,' first.

Phoenix Blood -- Does it run through your veins?

7 Comments:

  • At 4:55 PM, December 04, 2005, Blogger Unknown said…

    Well if you can find another way for Sapphy to become less poor and still have time to do all of his school work without having a mental break down then my prices will lower, otherwise I have no choice but to keep my prices where they are. XP

     
  • At 5:25 PM, December 04, 2005, Blogger Avvy said…

    You've shot down all of my suggestions as impractical. It's like your suggestions of my powers of coincidence. At least most of the illustrations won't be as detailed, and possibily not even in color. I ought to be getting a discount. And I might have to shop around. I prefer to come to you, Sapph, as we're close friends. But if you won't work with me, I'll have to turn to others. I do know more artists than just you, you know. Perhaps they'll be willing to work for just Internet wide acclaim. Of course, I don't know how to pull that off either. Blast!

     
  • At 5:59 PM, December 04, 2005, Blogger Unknown said…

    Um... No, I shot down one of the two as being impractical. The "get a job" one is impractical, unless you've invented a teleporter, found a way to rid me of my need for sleep, or suddenly have the money to pay for me living in the dorms. Your other suggestion was "do commissions for people." Which I'm currently doing. if you don't like my prices then figure out another way of me doing anything that requires money, and things may change. Until then, deal.

     
  • At 6:15 PM, December 04, 2005, Blogger Avvy said…

    Honestly, Sapph. Impractical? In the words of Inigo, "I do not think that means what you think it means." We've had this conversation before. I seem to be getting along with doing what you consider so impractical. And "do commissions for people" doesn't necessarily imply increasing the cost of said commissions again by half.

     
  • At 6:24 PM, December 04, 2005, Blogger Avvy said…

    But I figure, maybe I'll win the lottery, or I can talk you into doing more than one drawing at a time into the cost of the thing if I make stipulations. I could always have you do a handful of pencil sketches and do the electronic inking myself. The real problem is licensing fees and all that good stuff.

    I could always avoid this whole mess and do everything myself, but that seems too much like work.

     
  • At 11:39 PM, December 04, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Keep in mind, Av, you're a senior in computer engineering. That alone puts you in the top centile of the population with regards to dealing with the stress caused by being overloaded with work. We all know you're significantly ahead of the curve in that department, otherwise you'd have changed majors a long time ago.

     
  • At 2:17 AM, December 05, 2005, Blogger Avvy said…

    As I reread my post, I am reminded that this is all currently moot. Phoenix Blood needs a rulebook before it needs illustrations for said rulebook. So discussions of money, time, and pressure are kind of silly at this juncture.

    What I'm far more interested in are suggestions as far as the rule system goes. Phoenix Blood is designed to incorporate as many cool things as I can jam into it. Does anybody have anything to add for that?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Layout From * shadowmist Mangled And Modified By * Avvy
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com