Deviant Paradigm: Of The Wolf Within
Random garbage. Remarks about the comic Deviant Paradigm, notes about my life, comments about politics. This is my place to rant and rave. Fear this, World! FEAR IT!

Profile


Nickname: Avvy
Age: 24
See My Complete Profile

Technomancer and troubleshooter by trade. Programmer by choice. Creator of Deviant Paradigm, somewhat by accident.

The Last Ten

------------
New Glasses
------------
Fall Break
------------
New Comic - 10/14/05
------------
Mid-October Comic Status Update
------------
And So It Begins...
------------

Archives

October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
July 2009

Favorites

Demagogery
The Big Gay Post
Natures

Random
Halloween Party: Images 2005

Deviant Paradigm
Deviant Paradigm: Beware of Catgirl

Semper Nox Noctis
Semper Nox Noctis: Memoirs of the OverAlpha 1

Links

Deviant Paradigm
--My Webcomic--

Blogroll

Enea Volare Mezzo
-- Sapph's Blog --

Events Concerning...
-- Jonathan and Luke's Blog --

Fear No Darkness...
-- Jamie's Blog --

Little Green Footballs
-- My source for political news !!Conservative Site Alert!! --

Random Webcomic

Monday, October 17, 2005

Time for some "Cultural Restructuring"
Now this is just plain insane. http://www.smh.com.au/news/national/gang-rapists-attacks-unavoidable-says-lawyer/2005/10/11/1128796528939.html?oneclick=true

If they actually think that this bastard is "less culpable" for this atrocity because of his cultural background, it's time to go in and forcibly alter that background.
Mr Odgers said the new evidence showed that he had a disease, which,
combined with alcohol and the cultural conditioning of "a society with very
traditional views of women", was "clearly a factor in the commissioning of these
offences".
"The applicant was a cultural time bomb," Mr Odgers said. "It was
almost inevitable that something like this would happen. His culpability is
lessened because of that combination."

Seriously. I don't care where you come from. You don't do that sort of thing. Especially not in a civilized country like Austraila. Take my comment however you like to regard the civilization or lack thereof of any place that allows SOBs to do things like what Mr. MSK and his brothers did. They deserve the law to come down square on top of them, and they should thank Allah that they didn't try this with my daughter (if I had one) or I would have sent them packing to whatever form of hell Muslims believe in (that's a point I happen to be ignorant of, but I am reasonably certain there is a hell in Islam, I just don't know what it is). I have no pity for this sort of human garbage. I don't blame their defense attorney. He's just trying to do the best he can to do his job and protect these worthless excuses for monsters that call themselves human. But them... I don't care if you're bloody insane (which MSK is not; the courts have determined him as sane more than once), I don't care if you're an alcoholic, and I don't care if you're Muslim, Christian, Hindi, Jewish, et al. You do something like what these three personages did, and you deserve the most ruthless forms of punishment the law can dish out. There are no excuses. The time for excuses ended when you commited the deed. Express remorse, repent, and maybe you can redeem yourselves. But don't ever try to excuse your behavior. What's wrong is wrong. And if you think your culture gives you some excuse, it's time for humanity to redefine your 'culture' as savagery, and 'uplift' you (as we would say in sci-fi). That said, I find it exceptionally hard to believe that Pakistan is accepting of gang rape, regardless of the "traditional" views of women (my "traditional" view of women regards them as equals... Sounds to me like these guys need new traditions). I'm certain that Pakistani law also takes a dim view of the actions of these fellows. So don't try blaming your culture, bub. I don't buy it. It's a weaker excuse than "following orders," and there were a lot of evil men who were executed using that excuse.

It should be obvious that I'm no multiculti. I view some things as evil. And there is no excuse for evil.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Layout From * shadowmist Mangled And Modified By * Avvy
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com